3DD NC

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Re: 3DD NC

Post by StevieRay »

What is your favorite Harpoon varietal beantown?
beantownbubba wrote:Another Sierra Nevada fan here, but i think it must be said: The draft is where it's at. The bottled is good but noticeably inferior to the draft. Not much, if anything, separates the bottles from other good IPA's, e.g. Harpoon (a local favorite).

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay »

Local news is the must fun when there are weather or fire disasters combined with sports teams performing well... otherwise - worthless
Tequila Cowboy wrote:I hate local news.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:damn, I used to think that cartoon Meg was sort of hot, in Daria-like nerd way, but no longer....

ditto. :(
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

StevieRay wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Another Sierra Nevada fan here, but i think it must be said: The draft is where it's at. The bottled is good but noticeably inferior to the draft. Not much, if anything, separates the bottles from other good IPA's, e.g. Harpoon (a local favorite).

I mostly stick to the IPA 'cause that's mostly what's on tap, but i'll occasionally have a UFO or seasonal. How 'bout u?
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Goddam I hat to see this thread buried 20 down on the New Posts page!

What's up NC? Just drinking some white wine and cleanin' up the dinner dishes. On tonight's schedule: pack some lunches, walk the dog, and make another one of those huge salads. Why? 'Cause they make the wife happy.
If you don't run you rust

laraelisabeth

Post by laraelisabeth »

one belt loop wrote:Dear Lara,

CHANGE THE LOCKS*.

Love, love.

*or she will boil your bunny

My landlord was the first person I called, so that has been done. My question now is this: she wants to be psychiatrist. I am fairly certain this would be a poor idea. The Dean of Admissions at the local med school is a very close family friend. Would it be out of line to mention this turn of events to him? I don't want him to think I am being petty or that it is merely sour grapes. Right now I am leaning towards doing nothing, and hoping karma will haunt her in the long run.

Also, Steve, yes, I raft guide. Have done so on several different rivers, but of late mostly the Little Pigeon outside of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tn. It's not too hard, but the water is guaranteed and most vacationers tip decently.
there's no comfort in survival but I guess it's the best option I've found

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Isn't drinking usually the course of business when you're making those salads Clams? Pleasing your wife and and excuse to drink during food preparation sounds like works well enough! 8-)

Cooking up some chicken and rice here, with a nice spring salad. All is well.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

laraelisabeth wrote:
one belt loop wrote:Dear Lara,

My landlord was the first person I called, so that has been done. My question now is this: she wants to be psychiatrist. I am fairly certain this would be a poor idea. The Dean of Admissions at the local med school is a very close family friend. Would it be out of line to mention this turn of events to him? I don't want him to think I am being petty or that it is merely sour grapes. Right now I am leaning towards doing nothing, and hoping karma will haunt her in the long run.

Also, Steve, yes, I raft guide. Have done so on several different rivers, but of late mostly the Little Pigeon outside of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tn. It's not too hard, but the water is guaranteed and most vacationers tip decently.

You never know, she may actually learn something about her behavior and change her ways. Karma does come back to bite those who have screwed others. Who knows maybe she will learn what empathy actually is and her behavior was just wrong. Even learning the basics of descent behavior, morality and ethics of humanity wouldn't hurt her. Plus she may opt out once she realizes she is in need of a therapist herself :)

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay »

If I'm in Windsor, I pick up a case of the hard cider.... phenomenal. The UFO is so good in the summer. 100 Barrel offerings are also tremendous
beantownbubba wrote:
StevieRay wrote:

I mostly stick to the IPA 'cause that's mostly what's on tap, but i'll occasionally have a UFO or seasonal. How 'bout u?

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

I had a small and inconseqential epiphany today... While being subjected to Sponge-Bob for the 8 millionth time with my little girl (Maybe not the best family time, but these days, I takes what I can gets) The girl squirrel character came on, and in thats when I heard it... Hers is the voice in my head everytime I read on of LM's posts! I'm sure this isn't even close, but having never had the pleasure of meeting LM, I doubt it will go away anytime soon.

Also help explain why I almost spit all over the screen when I read her anal comment the other night
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Isn't drinking usually the course of business when you're making those salads Clams? Pleasing your wife and and excuse to drink during food preparation sounds like works well enough! 8-)

Cooking up some chicken and rice here, with a nice spring salad. All is well.

Clams is trying to get laid.

and TC, is it brown rice?
just concerned.
lol!!!
Don't kids runnin around with their sweet and spicy personalities just make you less stressed?!
Mine are loving their new swingset with slide and clubhouse.
They never wanna go inside and I love that
NSFW

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

GW in IA wrote:I had a small and inconseqential epiphany today... While being subjected to Sponge-Bob for the 8 millionth time with my little girl (Maybe not the best family time, but these days, I takes what I can gets) The girl squirrel character came on, and in thats when I heard it... Hers is the voice in my head everytime I read on of LM's posts! I'm sure this isn't even close, but having never had the pleasure of meeting LM, I doubt it will go away anytime soon.

Also help explain why I almost spit all over the screen when I read her anal comment the other night

AH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

I'm from Minnesota originally, so I don't sound nearly that twangy as Sandy Cheeks! Sometimes I do it for effect.
That's hilarious, though!
Look forward to meeting you, Gee-Dub!
NSFW

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

It is brown and wild rice medley with dried veggies from Trader Joes. No salt. :D

Yeah it was great seeing Thomas outside, playing ball, playing with the dogs and having a great time. Life affirming. His world is often not that happy so it was wonderful.

Sounds like your girls are having a blast! That's awesome!

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

whaddup bitches?
Having a broken heart wears you out.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

FNW!!

Welcome!

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

littlemamma wrote:I'm from Minnesota originally, so I don't sound nearly that twangy as Sandy Cheeks! Sometimes I do it for effect.
That's hilarious, though!
Look forward to meeting you, Gee-Dub!

(Sticks fingers in ears)
LA-LA-LA-LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!

You won't spoil this for me :evil:
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

:D

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

StevieRay wrote:

Hi Stevie Ray! Welcome to the NC! You are new, right?! I'm LM and I do not sound like a cartoon squirrel.
NSFW

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:FNW!!

Welcome!

thanx, tis good to be here.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Fool No Where wrote:whaddup bitches?

Jesus titty fuck!!! so glad your fucking rock show douche ass is here!!!
NSFW

Clams

Post by Clams »

littlemamma wrote:

What she means is, "Hello! So nice to see you!"
If you don't run you rust

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

I don't give a flying fuck what this place is called, it'll always be 9B to me.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Clams wrote:
littlemamma wrote:

yes, I was polite for Stevieray, but FNW and I are neighborly.
Clams, thank you for translating.
NSFW

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Good to know about that hard cider, stevie ray. Bring some w/ ya on the boat, will ya? :)

I, too, am still dazzled by LM's outdoing her own considerable self last nite. That was an all time ALSUM NC moment :D :D

Good to see ya, FNW!
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The first time I read an LM post with "holy fuckballs" in it, I spit my coffee. True story. Now it's just common place. I love the NC! :D

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

littlemamma wrote:FNW and I are neighborly.

I'm Sorry For Farting in Your Mouth

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:The first time I read an LM post with "holy fuckballs" in it, I spit my coffee. True story. Now it's just common place. I love the NC! :D

Yeah, coffee just doesnt taste the same w/out that little bit of spittle in it.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Clams wrote:
littlemamma wrote:

See! Now thats just shit-loads funnier when you get to hear it in cartoon squirrel voice... Just sayin'.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

beantownbubba wrote:Good to know about that hard cider, stevie ray. Bring some w/ ya on the boat, will ya? :)

I, too, am still dazzled by LM's outdoing her own considerable self last nite. That was an all time ALSUM NC moment :D :D

Good to see ya, FNW!

I tries.
NSFW