Merry Christmas!

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Merry Christmas!

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas with friends and family. Put down English Oceans for a day and go with some Elvis Christmas, James Brown Christmas or whatever works for you. Best to you, folks!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Put down English Oceans for a day

Is that heresy or blasphemy? We might need a new thread to figure it out.

Merry Christmas everyone!
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Merry Christmas y'all. I hope you and your families all have a safe and happy one.

God bless all of you. I hope you all get what you are hoping for this Christmas.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Can confirm: it is Christmas day here. We dont go in for it in a big way but we are going out for dinner.

Do what makes you happy, people!
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

As the kids get older, they have less presents from Santa (and this is probably the last year for Santa for my old daughter) so instead of them finding their presents on the couch where they left their lists, we've devised a Santa Scavenger Hunt that leads them all around the house to find the gifts one by one. Should stretch out the morning a little bit and I'm sure they'll love it.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

One of my favorite quotes from one of my all time favorite shows. Chris Stevens, from behind the mic on his radio show in Cicely, Alaska on Nothern Exposure-

"It's an old legend, that on Christmas Eve at midnight, all the animals fall on their knees and speak -- praising the new born Jesus.

(pausing to reflect)

Back in the winter of '68, my Dad was doing a short term for D and D. Mom was -- I'm not sure where Mom was. Anyway, I was home alone on Christmas Eve and I stayed up late to see if my dog, Buddy, would talk. He did -- at least I think he did. I don't remember Buddy's exact words, but that's not important. What matters is that a seven-year-old boy experienced his own personal epiphany.

My point? It's that Christmas reveals itself to each of us in a personal way -- be it secular or sacred. Whatever Christmas is -- and it's many things to many people -- we all own a piece of it. Kinda like Santa's bag, inside there's gift for everyone.

My Christmas wish for you tonight -- may your dog talk."

- Chris-in-the-Morning (excerpt from "The Friendly Beasts")

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Merry Christmas, Everybody!

Nice one, Zip. I hope you don't forget where you hid them all.
Cole, That's a sweet story about your talkin' dog. My dog, Goldie, tries to talk to us every day of the year, but who knows; maybe she started on Christmas one year.

Several board members, Strutter & GMU & Scotty C., are having an especially difficult time this Christmas & my heart goes out to them.

I hope everyone was nice this year and got everything they wished for. My only wish is that this world will be a better place in 2014 than it was in 2013. I was only slightly naughty, so at least it could be just a little bit better I hope.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Good wishes to all
Always go to the show

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Merry Christmas!
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The scavenger hunt was a great success!

Here's how it went:

Just a single box sat on the floor. Inside were christmas ornaments and a note about the hunt.

FYI, Anneke is 10 and Ella is 8

Note 1 (found in tree): "Ella's next gift can be found where the fruits and veggies stay cold!" (Despicable Me 2 movie in the refrigerator crisper)
Note 2: "Something for both of you where you keep your suits and goggles" (new bath robes in their swim team bag)
Note 3: "Anneke's favorite movie? Check behind the poster" (The Hobbit blu-ray behind Anneke's Hobbit poster)
Note 4: "Show everyone at school the game you love! Check the guest room" (Minecraft t-shirts on guest room bed)
Note 5: "Ella, you haven't practiced piano in awhile....." (Monsters U. movie on piano)
Note 6: "Anneke asked for more of these, usually found in the dryer" (new sweatshirts in clothes dryer)
Note 7: "There's something you both put on your lists, and they're all ready for your next drive" (Seat Pets in the back seat of my car)
Note 8: "I think I lost one of your gifts! Check under the cushions!" (Epic movie under the sofa cushion)
Note 9: "Somewhere beneath the Christmas village lies your next gift" (One Direction movie under one of the buildings in our Christmas village)
Note 10: "It may not be time to go back to school yet, but Anneke should check her bag" (LOTR movies in Anneke's backpack)
Note 11: "Daddy loved this movie when he was a kid. Check his dresser drawer" (E.T. movie in the dresser)
Note 12: "Hey, Ella, you have mail!" (charm necklace in the mailbox)
Note 13: "Anneke's last gift is where you get clean, but don't turn on the water!" (Rainbow Loom and t-shirt in the shower)
Note 14: "Ella's last gift is back where you started" (iPod in the first box they opened, which, of course, wasn't there when they started)
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Post by StevieRay »

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Slipkid42 wrote:Merry Christmas, Everybody!

Nice one, Zip. I hope you don't forget where you hid them all.
Cole, That's a sweet story about your talkin' dog. My dog, Goldie, tries to talk to us every day of the year, but who knows; maybe she started on Christmas one year.

Several board members, Strutter & GMU & Scotty C., are having an especially difficult time this Christmas & my heart goes out to them.

I hope everyone was nice this year and got everything they wished for. My only wish is that this world will be a better place in 2014 than it was in 2013. I was only slightly naughty, so at least it could be just a little bit better I hope.

Oh mine was a quote from Northern Exposure but I agree it is nice. Something about it has stuck with me all these years.

Glad to hear it went well Zip. Baby Younger had a nice haul herself. Taking nap now and we are heading over to see my parents for Christmas dinner in a little bit.

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

First Christmas with nothing to assemble and none of those plastic straps to cut off the toys. Usually there's about a thousand of those things on a 4" doll.

Throwing some meat on the grill in a bit. Life is good.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas with friends and family. Put down English Oceans for a day and go with some Elvis Christmas, James Brown Christmas or whatever works for you. Best to you, folks!

friends. Not family

but yeah.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Merry Christmas all!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

^^^ What he said.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Merry Christmas, you glorious lot of heathens. Eat well. Be well.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Merry Christmas! I'm proud to call you guys my friends.

Extra hugs for the loved ones all around!
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Merry Christmas. Just got all the Santa presents put out. Time to turn in.

May God bless all of you and your families. I hope everybody has a safe and happy one and I hope you all get something you really want.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Merry Christmas folks
Always go to the show

scotto

Post by scotto »

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, peace.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I'm here with the daughter and her mom and her mom's family. We just finished opening presents.

My nephew who is a drummer got Jimi at Woodstock, Houses of the Holy, and Motor Booty Affair. The niece just starting college and having recently broken up with her first serious boyfriend got Court and Spark and a book store gift certificate. The niece in junior high got Dixie Chicken (my ex-wife's advice--she thought it would appeal) and cash. The daughter got Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall, The Byrds Sing Dylan, The Point (I suspect she will love this), and the One Republic CD she didn't have (I meant to get her a U2 record to go with that one), and a bunch of other stuff.

My parents-in-law got books and my sister-and-brother-in-law got cups, and the ex got the Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris record and the Rhino five-record set of Emmylou Harris. I've got a couple of Two Cow Garage records for friends. This now tells you the full range of my gift-giving ability.

No one gave me any music at all, but I'm happy. I felt like part of a family and had a long leisurely morning opening presents. And now, if I don't go get breakfast, I'll screw the whole thing up. You all have a good holiday season!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »