Merry Christmas

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Merry Christmas

Post by Cole Younger »

I won't be on here much for the next few days but I wanted to drop in and wish everybody and their families a merry Christmas.

Yall stay safe, eat lots of good food, and enjoy your families, friends, and everything else.

See yall in Athens.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

bovine knievel

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by bovine knievel »

Back at ya, Cole and all you other Heathens.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I'm watching the Nutcracker with the daughter. Then we're going to finish our shopping and head to church for Christmas Eve. She's going to be one of the three wise guys. Then down to Bear City (Royal, Arkansas these days, but the in-laws call it Bear) to stay with my almost-ex-in-laws for Christmas Eve with all them and especially my niece, who is making a really great recovery from her head injury. Then, as soon as the snow lets us, we'll head up to Jasper to see my mom in the nursing home. She's not picky about when we celebrate Christmas--every time she gets to see her only grandchild is a holiday for her. Then off to northwest Arkansas to see my two best friends in the world, the old hippie with the bad health and the missing toes and the Doctor of Rock with his sweet wife and daughter, and all the other great friends up there. Sorry not to see any of you in DC for New Year's, but I'll get to see the ORIGINAL Cate Brothers line-up and my buddies The Odds this Friday in Fayettevile--it's worth a drive if you're in the area and the mood--at George's Beer Bunker. It's been one hell of a year, but despite it all, I am happy and incredibly optimistic about the year to come. IllUUmination is the one our church invented, but I love all the holidays! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and whatever else you may celebrate or have recently celebrated!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Got some food in the oven, a couple of movies queued up on the blu-ray (Polar Express, How the Grinch Stole Christmas) and some booze in the fridge
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

First fire of the winter blazing in fireplace
Crown Royal over ice
Just me, wife , and 2 of 3 daughters cozied up playing some board games waiting on snowstorm to move in late tonight.
Happy Holidays.
Life is ok

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Odds? Really? The ones who did "Someone Who is Cool"? That's really cool, JohnA!

2 celebrations down, 1 to go. Staggering towards the finish line, lol.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Got my three kids and my wife DBT shirts as stocking stuffers. I hope they like them.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Played organ at a church in Asbury Park on Christmas Eve. Had Tara Elliott of Tara Elliott and the Red Velvets as the guest soloist for "O Holy Night" and "Amazing Grace".
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Merry Christmas y'all!
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Does it count as a "white christmas" if there's definitely snow on the ground but it doesn't fully cover anything?

Anyway, I hope the kids didn't get you up too, too early, you got everything you wanted and everyone's enjoying a wonderful day.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Merry Christmas folks! I wish you a great day with good cheer, good food, and a time to hold your loved ones close. Don't let the ghost of Bob Marley get ya.

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Merry Christmas folks! I wish you a great day with good cheer, good food, and a time to hold your loved ones close. Don't let the ghost of Bob Marley get ya.

The ghost of Bob Marley could stop by the camper anytime he likes and leave a little something something under my tree to go with these treats

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:The Odds? Really? The ones who did "Someone Who is Cool"? That's really cool, JohnA!

Sadly, no. I'd forgotten my friends had changed their name to The Staggering Odds due to just that conflict.

But it sure has been a great Christmas so far!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

beantownbubba wrote:2 celebrations down, 1 to go. Staggering towards the finish line, lol.

Kwaanza?
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Slipkid42 wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:2 celebrations down, 1 to go. Staggering towards the finish line, lol.

Kwaanza?

Nope, Xmas w/ inlaws and extended family/friends/neighbors

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Well it's almost over...hope everyone had a great Christmas season. Go hug your lovelies, or the big uglies you happen to love.

Look'in forward to New Year's....2012 can kiss my ass.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Hope all you guys & gals had a wonderful Christmas and hope 2013 is the best year ever for each of you

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

rlipps wrote:Hope all you guys & gals had a wonderful Christmas and hope 2013 is the best year ever for each of you

:)
Always go to the show

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Awesome Rlipps!
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Merry Christmas errbody!

:mrgreen: