The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LuthierJustin

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by LuthierJustin »

LastLawson wrote:Wait, let me get this straight: You're listening to Penn & Teller about the constitution instead of Justice Scalia. Wow...

No I'm reading the law for myself, you can be stupid and say "this means this and that means that" but for me I take it as it is written, in pretty plain English. If you don't like it you can not own a gun that's fine, you can move to Canada where they have very strict gun laws or Cuba, I'm sure you'd like it there, no guns,, government control of everything!
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:
LastLawson wrote:Wait, let me get this straight: You're listening to Penn & Teller about the constitution instead of Justice Scalia. Wow...

LJ is the gift that keeps on giving. Wait until he starts quoting Adam Corolla or Trey Parker

You're the one who dreams about blowing Obama

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:

LJ is the gift that keeps on giving. Wait until he starts quoting Adam Corolla or Trey Parker

You're right, I quote THE PEOPLE not the government, you shill

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

LuthierJustin wrote:

No I'm reading the law for myself, you can be stupid and say "this means this and that means that" but for me I take it as it is written, in pretty plain English. If you don't like it you can not own a gun that's fine, you can move to Canada where they have very strict gun laws or Cuba, I'm sure you'd like it there, no guns,, government control of everything!

It's called interpreting the law! That's what the Supreme Court is for! And I don't think Justice Scalia is being "stupid" by actually thinking it through.

Oh yeah, Canada's such a horrible totalitarian place, it's literally hell on earth :roll:
Heading to HC Friday and Saturday - first timer!

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Not at all, but we don't want your laws

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

4sooner wrote:Seriously?
It's already been a week?

:lol:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

LuthierJustin wrote:Not at all, but we don't want your laws

Who's "we". 90% of Americans support enhanced background checks.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

LastLawson wrote:

Like I told Cortez I believe last week, you have to stop getting your news from Comedy Central and MSNBC, if you believe that number you're part of the problem

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Facts are only facts when LJ agrees with them. Otherwise they're conspiracies or lies

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

And that math doesn't really work either, 90% so the senate voted it down because of 10% of people? Do the math

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

LuthierJustin wrote:
LastLawson wrote:

Like I told Cortez I believe last week, you have to stop getting your news from Comedy Central and MSNBC, if you believe that number you're part of the problem

LOL, you're part of the problem. It's not just from Comedy Central & MSNBC, it's everywhere. Reuters, quinnipiac, CNN, Fox, the list goes on...

No they voted it down because the senate is not representative of population, and the NRA has quite a bit of influence...

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:Facts are only facts when LJ agrees with them. Otherwise they're conspiracies or lies

The fact is you believe everything the administration and mainstream Obama loving media tell you, you refuse to research for yourself, you're a zombie

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

You realize that 90% number was a poll in New Jersey, parts of Pennsylvania, and I think New York, right? So that's not exactly mainstream America

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:And that math doesn't really work either, 90% so the senate voted it down because of 10% of people? Do the math

They voted it down because they're pockets are lined by the NRA. If you think any of them give two shuts about their constituents, then you're dumber than I thought

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:And that math doesn't really work either, 90% so the senate voted it down because of 10% of people? Do the math

They voted it down because they're pockets are lined by the NRA. If you think any of them give two shuts about their constituents, then you're dumber than I thought

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:

I know they don't that's why they passed Obamacare and are exempting themselves. They wanna get elected again and save their overpaid phony jobs

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Zip City wrote:

How is that a conspiracy? That's common knowledge about interest groups and how they work.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

And Area 51 is full of aliens too right?

Flea

Post by Flea »

LuthierJustin wrote: I don't respect anyone who shits on the constitution and laughs about it.

So you are saying that at least one of the Founding Fathers is a douchebag? You may have heard of this Jefferson fellow: he wrote a Declaration of some import, he was key in insuring a Bill of Rights be added to his country's founding organizational document, and he felt the Constitution should be discarded and redone every generation.

"Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right. It may be said, that the succeeding generation exercising, in fact, the power of repeal, this leaves them as free as if the constitution or law had been expressly limited to nineteen years only. In the first place, this objection admits the right, in proposing an equivalent. But the power of repeal is not an equivalent. It might be, indeed, if every form of government were so perfectly contrived, that the will of the majority could always be obtained, fairly and without impediment. But this is true of no form. The people cannot assemble themselves; their representation is unequal and vicious. Various checks are opposed to every legislative proposition. Factions get possession of the public councils, bribery corrupts them, personal interests lead them astray from the general interests of their constituents; and other impediments arise, so as to prove to every practical man, that a law of limited duration is much more manageable than one which needs a repeal." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1789. ME 7:459, Papers 15:396
Now it's dark.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Speaking of the shitting on the Constitution:

LuthierJustin wrote:Bullet 38¢ or what ever, keeping the piece of shit, who KILLED 4? people injured over 100 others, alive it'll cost we'll over a million dollars. He is not worth that much, just kill him and get it over with, one less piece of trash.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I believe the punishment for being a trator is hanging, either one works...

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:I believe the punishment for being a trator is hanging, either one works...

I believe the Constitution gives all American citizens the right to a fair trial, not to be shot on sight by the police on suspicion of criminal activity

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Suspicion? :lol:
You can shoot and throw explosives at police and it's not proof?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:Suspicion? :lol:

Not under the judicial system afforded to all citizens under the Constitution

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:No, I mean ANY rain hypothetical or otherwise, that you could be taxed for?

As I was saying before I was so RUDLY Interrupted by the censorship nazis

:lol:

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:

They better arrest the cops that shot his brother

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Zip City wrote:

They better arrest the cops that shot his brother

Your suggestion that they shoot the 19 year old came after he was found in the boat, not when he was shooting at the cops.

You also said "too bad they took him alive" and that it was a waste of taxpayer money to keep him alive.
Last edited by Zip City on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I have a serious question, what good can come from keeping this guy alive? he thought it would be a good idea to fill a a pressure cooker with nails, bebes and ball bearings, put it in a backpack, put it next to an 8 year old kid and blow it up.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote: they didn't know that he was the marathon bombing suspect.

:lol: what!?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:I have a serious question, what good can come from keeping this guy alive? he thought it would be a good idea to fill a a pressure cooker with nails, bebes and ball bearings, put it in a backpack, put it next to an 8 year old kid and blow it up.

Finding out about plans for other bombings. Find out if there are other groups with similar plans. Find out if they were affiliated with any organized terrorist networks.

This isn't that hard to understand