Mrs. W in IA

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

GW in IA

Re: Mrs. W in IA

Post by GW in IA »

So, suddenly my wife is, like, super trendy. :mrgreen:

Not just a whole lot to report these days. Patty is getting worse, but you know that's what's going to happen. Most noticeable is her voice, won't be too much longer and she won't be talking at all. Frankly, her body is about as bad as it can/will get, she hasn't had weight on her legs for over a year now, hasn't scratched her own nose in at least as long.

Losing Ben was really hard on us, (like it was on all of us). Feels like that was forever ago. With Ben, and now all the ice buckets, Our oldest has a lot better grasp on how severe the whole thing is, she's trying to shut down, but I think I'm doing fairly well at keeping her in the present. Patty would like to help, but as soon as she gets emotional, her voice, and breathing get too bad for her to talk, so I pretty much spearhead the whole thing.

Life just stays normal (thank god for Netflix!) we're actually still doing pretty good. But I really do miss talking to her.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Always appreciate the updates Gary. I'm glad for the challenge thing if for no other reason that maybe, just maybe, it gives y'all some hope that in the future others may escape this horrible thing and also that again for a minute you aren't alone. Of course you never were. Not a day goes by that we aren't talking about Patty, about your family and about you. Our thoughts and affection are with you every single day.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

Tequila Cowboy wrote: Our thoughts and affection are with you every single day.

x2
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote: Our thoughts and affection are with you every single day.

x2

Yeah.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Yup.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

I think my wife might be the only person I know who doesn't understand that I have a dying wife.
She gets to fall into self pity randomly and often, with all the good reason in the word but some how I don't get that privlage.
I try to look at FB to get a little vicarious living through some friends, and I'm spending too much time on the internet.
I switch the TV to a new years countdown, she doesn't want it and we wind up on some POS sitcom rerun.
Its 11:51 PM on NYE.
I just dumped the commode.

I really don't give a shit about 2015 right now.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Clams

Post by Clams »

That's a shitty fucking situation Gary. No two ways about it. I'm really sorry.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

So sorry Gary.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:So sorry Gary.

X2
Thinkin bout you

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

{{{gary}}} :cry:
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Luv ya buddy
Always go to the show

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Its morning now. I thought about deleting last nights post, because that's not the kind of person I want to be, but I guess it's the kind of person I am, so I guess I'll let it stand.

New day, sunshine, funny kids,= new attitude. The dips get lower these days, but they're still just that, dips. They all come back up, and I don't want people thinking everything around here is despair. Just a low spot last night.

Happy New Year.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Feel free to say what you want, when you want. That's what we're here for. If you can handle it, so can we.

And merry new year to you too!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

You've got to be able to get things off your chest somewhere. Hopefully this place can do that for you. Thoughts and prayers, man.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

GW in IA wrote:Its morning now. I thought about deleting last nights post, because that's not the kind of person I want to be, but I guess it's the kind of person I am, so I guess I'll let it stand.

New day, sunshine, funny kids,= new attitude. The dips get lower these days, but they're still just that, dips. They all come back up, and I don't want people thinking everything around here is despair. Just a low spot last night.

Happy New Year.

Regarding your first sentence, one stray thought at a rough spot does not define who you are, so no, that's not the kind of person you are.

You don't judge your friends and family based on their low points do you? Give yourself the same benefit of the doubt, you deserve it, and then some.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

sg207 wrote:
GW in IA wrote:Its morning now. I thought about deleting last nights post, because that's not the kind of person I want to be, but I guess it's the kind of person I am, so I guess I'll let it stand.

Happy New Year.

Regarding your first sentence, one stray thought at a rough spot does not define who you are, so no, that's not the kind of person you are.

You don't judge your friends and family based on their low points do you? Give yourself the same benefit of the doubt, you deserve it, and then some.

Yep. Nailed that. Wise words there Gary, I'd take them to heart.

Thinking about you guys.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

sg207 wrote:You don't judge your friends and family based on their low points do you?

please god let this be true.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

MrsUncleFrank23

Post by MrsUncleFrank23 »

Gary -
I know how you feel, I wish I had eloquent words but I just don't. You need to let those moments happen and vent when you need to. I can't wait to see you at homecoming. We have a lot of catching up to do.
Hugs!
Rebecca
Ben is looking down with a smile!

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Holy Fuck! seriously pissed right now! I never get time to write here anymore. Just spent 45min getting shit off my chest, and lost the whole post :evil:

Fuck!
Summery: Things are worse now than before, but better than they will be next week :evil:

FUCK

I guess I could just copy and paste this post every week. Save time.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

GW in IA wrote:Holy Fuck! seriously pissed right now! I never get time to write here anymore. Just spent 45min getting shit off my chest, and lost the whole post :evil:

Fuck!
Summery: Things are worse now than before, but better than they will be next week :evil:

FUCK

I guess I could just copy and paste this post every week. Save time.

Damn, I hate when that happens (losing a post) but damn I really hate the way things are, GW. No good advice here, just all the support i can offer. :cry: :cry:

Clams

Post by Clams »

My fault, GW. Since I'm gonna be blamed I might as well just fess up.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Clams wrote:My fault, GW. Since I'm gonna be blamed I might as well just fess up.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna say anything, but this whole thing did just scream Clams.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

I'm sorry, G-dub. There isn't much worse than really needing to vent and not being able to get it out. Damnit, Clams!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Fellas--try composing things in notepad or word first. And Gary--we're gonna get you drunk as fuck in two weeks
Always go to the show

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Jonicont wrote:Fellas--try composing things in notepad or word first. And Gary--we're gonna get you drunk as fuck in two weeks

Ummm. "Like"

MrsUncleFrank23

Post by MrsUncleFrank23 »

Hugs my friend.
Ben is looking down with a smile!

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Unofficial anniversary, (Patty goes by the actual diagnosis date), but four years ago today is the first time I ever gave ALS a thought. I never even knew it was the same thing as Lou Gehrigs. We went to get her back scanned, 2 hrs they said. Then they decided we needed to stay for more tests because it looked like ALS. We went to Target to buy clothes for tomorrow, and ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in years (she was buying her husband Mexican beer for Cinco de mayo) we ate at some steak house chain ( they called their jalapeño poppers " snake bites" and it was two years later that I finally figured out that she wouldn't eat them because she thought they were snake meat :) ) one of the most forgettable meals of a lifetime, but I remember the whole setting like it was today. Then we got a motel room with a view of the strip club across the street.
Next day was hours of testing that ended with "well, it sure looks like ALS, but we won't be sure for a couple weeks. Go home and try not to think about it..."

Four fucking years.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gary, all I can say is through those four years we think about Patty and y'all every day. If we lived near you you'd be sick of us by now. As it is know that caring thoughts are always coming your way from Mississippi. Four years. Wow.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Four fucking years. <Sadly shakes head>

{{{Gary & Patty}}}

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Fuck is all I've got. Oh, and love youse
Always go to the show