Grey Eagle Asheville, NC 9/3/11

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brett27295

Grey Eagle Asheville, NC 9/3/11

Post by brett27295 »

Kind of a strange show at The Grey Eagle last night. Definitely not as good as the other 3 times I've seen the band the last few months. Jason seemed to be in an odd mood and stopped the show twice to ask people to stop video recording. His prerogative I suppose and I don't have a problem with it, but my girlfriend thought he came off as a pretentious jerk. Kind of awkward either way.

Setlist was basically the same as it's been since May, except they opened with The Magician and closed with Codeine. No surprises at all and all the regulars in the setlist from the past year were played except Try. Once again he didn't play anything from the "Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit" album and I think he only played Dress Blues from "Sirens of the Ditch". So we basically got a decent helping of "Here We Rest", all the Truckers regulars, Hey Pocky Way, and one song from his solo debut. Overall thumbs in the middle for this show, a major letdown for me.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Cubfan06

Re: Grey Eagle Asheville, NC 9/3/11

Post by Cubfan06 »

He really stopped the twice to ask people to stop recording?? If so, what a puss. I like Jason, but the dude can use all the positive press that he can get at this moment.

brett27295

Re: Grey Eagle Asheville, NC 9/3/11

Post by brett27295 »

Yeah, it was weird. The only people who bother to record his shows are die-hard fans. No one is recording a Jason Isbell show in hopes of selling it lol. You would think he would want people recording and spreading his shows in hopes of gaining new fans. Just seems like such an odd stance to take. But it's his choice I suppose...
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.