HOMECOMING AUCTION AT NUCI'S SPACE--UPDATED

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jonicont
Site Admin

HOMECOMING AUCTION AT NUCI'S SPACE--UPDATED

Post by Jonicont »

In conjunction with the Drive-By Truckers 2015 Homecoming Weekend, Nuci's Space is once again throwing the official DBT Pre-Party before their Saturday show.

Please join us for a happy hour gathering from 4:30-6:30 on Saturday, February 14th. As always we'll have a silent auction of DBT-related memorabilia and light refreshments. Please drop by and hang out for a while! For those of you coming from out of town we're at 396 Oconee Street. Overflow parking is available for free across the street in the UGA lot.

Items collected so far for the silent auction:

Jason Isbell framed handwritten lyrics for "Cover Me Up"

English Oceans signed "bootleg"

Centromatic signed vinyl

Cooley & DBT photos from Tim Bugbee (Tinnitus)

Wes Freed Homecoming poster

Pam Baxendale "Guitar Face" sculpture

St Paul & Broken Bones signed vinyl

2 passes to Hangout Festival

more to come

We will also have bricks with certificates of authenticity from our Reconstruction of The Steeple campaign.
Always go to the show

psychobillycadillac

Re: HOMECOMING AUCTION AT NUCI'S SPACE

Post by psychobillycadillac »

wow! that looks like a great list of silent auction items!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Willy Vlautin is an American author and the lead singer and songwriter of Portland, Oregon band Richmond Fontaine. Born and raised in Reno, Nevada, he has released nine studio albums since the late nineties with his band while he has written four novels: The Motel Life, Northline, Lean on Pete and The Free. As many DBT fans know, Patterson Hood’s recent song, Pauline Hawkins, was based on a character in The Free, which was published in 2014.
Included in this set are all four books written by Willy Vlautin, all of which are autographed by him. A bonus cd, A Jockey’s Christmas, is included as well. Books and cd generously donated by Willy Vlautin.

Todd Snider is an American singer-songwriter with a musical style that combines Americana, alt-country, and folk.
On his music, Snider has said "I was just trying to come up with the best... most open hearted ... well-thought-out lyrics I could come up with. I wanted every song to be sad and funny at the same time, vulnerable and entertaining at the same time, personal and universal at the same time. I wanted every song to be as uniquely written as possible and then I wanted to perform them in a studio loose and rugged and hopefully as uniquely as I could. My hope is to be hard to describe and/or new…I'm not saying I am. I'm just saying that's the hope.”
The same can be said of Snider’s shaggy-dog memoir, I Never Met a Story I Didn’t Like, published in 2014. Included here are a signed copy of the book, along with a copy of the eponymous Hard-Working Americans cd, signed by each member of the band. Book and cd generously donated by Todd Snider and Da Capo Press.
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: HOMECOMING AUCTION AT NUCI'S SPACE--UPDATED

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

I call dibs on the Baxendale sculpture, Centromatic album, the collection of Vlautin books, Jason's signed song, and Wes's painting. haha Let us not forget the 45 of Bulldozers and Dirt...I want that sucker, bad! I dread hearing the rest of the list....trouble. I hope I can count on some of you to bail me out of whatever Podunk jail I end up in after my 5 state crime spree. I'm hitting every convenience store and bank branch from here to Athens! Details for my Kickstarter will be up soon, thanks in advance for helping out with my post Nuci's divorce. :o

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

:lol:

Jonicont, that's a fantastic list of items and a surefire bet to raise a lot of $ for a very worthwhile cause. kudos to everyone involved.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Jonicont wrote:Willy Vlautin is an American author and the lead singer and songwriter of Portland, Oregon band Richmond Fontaine. Born and raised in Reno, Nevada, he has released nine studio albums since the late nineties with his band while he has written four novels: The Motel Life, Northline, Lean on Pete and The Free. As many DBT fans know, Patterson Hood’s recent song, Pauline Hawkins, was based on a character in The Free, which was published in 2014.
Included in this set are all four books written by Willy Vlautin, all of which are autographed by him. A bonus cd, A Jockey’s Christmas, is included as well. Books and cd generously donated by Willy Vlautin.

Todd Snider is an American singer-songwriter with a musical style that combines Americana, alt-country, and folk.
On his music, Snider has said "I was just trying to come up with the best... most open hearted ... well-thought-out lyrics I could come up with. I wanted every song to be sad and funny at the same time, vulnerable and entertaining at the same time, personal and universal at the same time. I wanted every song to be as uniquely written as possible and then I wanted to perform them in a studio loose and rugged and hopefully as uniquely as I could. My hope is to be hard to describe and/or new…I'm not saying I am. I'm just saying that's the hope.”
The same can be said of Snider’s shaggy-dog memoir, I Never Met a Story I Didn’t Like, published in 2014. Included here are a signed copy of the book, along with a copy of the eponymous Hard-Working Americans cd, signed by each member of the band. Book and cd generously donated by Todd Snider and Da Capo Press.

These items made possible by One Belt Loop, she made this happen, thank you!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Fantastic Ms. Loop!

I will be donating an autographed copy of English Oceans (CD)

PS: Keep yer mitts off of the Freed poster from Blessing. That's mine.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Rumor has it Athens Joe is making a clock out of a record again this year.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

These look incredible! Holy shit y'all are gonna have a great time this weekend.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

CooleyGirl wrote:
Jonicont wrote:Willy Vlautin is an American author and the lead singer and songwriter of Portland, Oregon band Richmond Fontaine. Born and raised in Reno, Nevada, he has released nine studio albums since the late nineties with his band while he has written four novels: The Motel Life, Northline, Lean on Pete and The Free. As many DBT fans know, Patterson Hood’s recent song, Pauline Hawkins, was based on a character in The Free, which was published in 2014.

These items made possible by One Belt Loop, she made this happen, thank you!

Looks like we have one Todd Snider book signed with cd, and one signed book with no cd, so you have two chances.

It was really fun to work on this. A wonderful network of book folks helped me make it happen.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Today's the day! The auction starts at 4:30 & ends at 6:30. Be there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/944275658918472/

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

tinnitus photography wrote:So how'd it go?

Waiting on final numbers but preliminary totals are $7800 cash from the fundraiser and another $7000 at the auction. You folks really came through
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Tim's band shot came home with me and the Cooley photo went with Blessedecurse. Good homes
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:So how'd it go?

Waiting on final numbers but preliminary totals are $7800 cash from the fundraiser and another $7000 at the auction. You folks really came through

Those are some impressive numbers!! :shock: Congrats to one & all, especially the good folks at Nuci's Space.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Nuci's also presented us with a gold record. It is hanging on the wall, one record away from REM's. So proud of everyone for this monumental achievement. Thank you!
When we presented Nuci's with our check, Becca & Liam Rudin joined us along with Patterson, Jay & Matt Patton. There are pictures floating around. I'm at the airport & can't easily post them now.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Great work, everyone.

I gotta get down there for one of these things.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

allisonsdc at the bar. I guess nobody told her they weren't serving likker.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.