Homecoming 2015: 2/12, 2/13, 2/14 @ The Fabulous 40 Watt!

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Homecoming 2015: 2/12, 2/13, 2/14 @ The Fabulous 40 Watt

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Sorry to say, one ticket for Thursday available. PM me. First come first served. 35 bucks (slightly less than I paid for it).
ya might have to let it go for $30. you can get one at the door for $31

I thought they were $35 at the door. If you're interested (that's the general you, not wolf specifically) make me an offer. Being the great negotiator I am, I'll tell you that it doesn't really matter to me. It's not like it's going to make up for not being able to be at the rock show.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

beantownbubba wrote:Sorry to say, one ticket for Thursday available. PM me. First come first served. 35 bucks (slightly less than I paid for it).

Too much snow?
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

It's just been announced that Friday and Saturday are officially sold out. I wonder if Thursday will sell out too? If it does it will be the first time since we started going to Homecoming 4 years ago.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote:

Too much snow?

That might have become a factor, I don't know. As it stood i was gonna travel on Wednesday which is supposed to be the one decent day this week so maybe i could have gotten out. But it's mostly personal/medical stuff. Nothing serious, just serious enough.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

MrsUncleFrank23

Post by MrsUncleFrank23 »

I have an extra ticket for each night. PM me if you are interested.

Jeff - I hate that we're not going to see you. I wanted you to meet Liam and to give you a hug.
Ben is looking down with a smile!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

MrsUncleFrank23 wrote:I have an extra ticket for each night. PM me if you are interested.

Jeff - I hate that we're not going to see you. I wanted you to meet Liam and to give you a hug.

Back atcha. Devastatingly disappointing. Hopefully other opportunities will arise before too long. And damn, I'm gonna miss that hug.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

It's going to be a lot tougher to casually stroll by the 40 Watt Thursday night and suggest we just pop in to catch their set if it's sold out! But it'll all work out the way it should...

I will have a pair of extras for Saturday, FYI. Blessedcurse has me covered with his extras but as it got close to selling out I thought better safe than sorry. If anyone needs them lets discuss Friday at the pregame meet and greet.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Gaetzi wrote:It's going to be a lot tougher to casually stroll by the 40 Watt Thursday night and suggest we just pop in to catch their set if it's sold out! But it'll all work out the way it should...

I'll be a little surprised if Thursday sells out. Friday and Saturday always do but Thursday is usually less crowded and a bit more laid back.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Bubba... :(

I read this to mean I may still get a chance to see you on Friday and Saturday. I do hope that is the case.

We will be seeing some of you heathens tomorrow - the journey for us begins in 2 hours.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blessedcurse wrote:Bubba... :(

I read this to mean I may still get a chance to see you on Friday and Saturday. I do hope that is the case.

We will be seeing some of you heathens tomorrow - the journey for us begins in 2 hours.

Alas good sir I am a no show this year. I thank OBL for having quickly taken care of my friday and saturday tix which is about the only good thing i can say about this turn of events. :cry:

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

beantownbubba wrote:

Alas good sir I am a no show this year. I thank OBL for having quickly taken care of my friday and saturday tix which is about the only good thing i can say about this turn of events. :cry:

Very sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to seeing your melted face. Hope it's nothing too serious.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:

This makes me sad. Really sad. It will still be fun but it dang sure won't be the same. This is the one time a year I get talk to you face to face and I look forward to it. Next time buddy.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Yes, my first Homecoming, and tragedy, Beantownbubba, the truest or true New Yorkers on 3DD (don't believe that Boston stuff) won't be there, I'll feel kind of alone. Thank god I've already met Beantown and his lovely wife and, again, I thank you for those Heinekins and bottle of wine you left in my cooler a few years ago. Whatever you're going through, my best to you, I'm hoping you'll recover in time for the summer shows. Also, I was looking forward to meeting the Swamps, but, according to Clams, it might be best for me that they are not in attendance, I have a hard time saying no to shots, and I don't remember the lyrics to the Piano Has Been Drinking . Otherwise, I'm pumped, to meet some new folks and see some old friends. Now if you'll excuse, I have to figure out my wardrobe for the weekend, see you in a few days.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

i'll give ya a shot of Makers outa my Women Without Whiskey flask

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

On the ground! Shuttle bound for Athens.

I could almost cry :D
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Wolf wrote:i'll give ya a shot of Makers outa my Women Without Whiskey flask

Since it's a WWW flask and its Makers, count me in. Thanks

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Jay's show tonight was great, as was his band.

Make sure if you're in town on Wed to go see Dirty Paul's band Pilgrim at Flicker.

https://www.facebook.com/events/302449516632533/

In other news, Ansley Cooley is hosting a Neil's Yard Remedies organic skincare party on Thurs at 1:00 pm in the lobby of the Courtyard Marriott. All are welcome. I can personally vouch for these products. I have a skin condition & these NYR work better than the medicated ointment I got from my dermatologist.

http://us.nyrorganic.com/shop/ansleycooley
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We could go a bunch of different directions here:

Science Fiction:

or

Or we could go all Three Dog Night on your asses:

Or we could, of course, just go with the obvious rah rah approach:

Any way you slice it the long wait is pretty much over. We are in Georgia, night one of six nights of music is in teh books and I am on motherfucking vacation as of noon today. Get ready Athens, see you shortly!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I'm out for the show, but I will drive up to Athens for the pregame Friday.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Aggressive, Smitty..

Flying out tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone Friday!

Flea

Post by Flea »

I have urinated in 4 states today. Hello, Athens!

Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote:I have urinated in 4 states today. Hello, Athens!

:lol:

Btw - that's definitely better than dumping in four states in one day!
If you don't run you rust

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gang Green wrote:Yes, my first Homecoming, and tragedy, Beantownbubba, the truest or true New Yorkers on 3DD (don't believe that Boston stuff) won't be there, I'll feel kind of alone. Thank god I've already met Beantown and his lovely wife and, again, I thank you for those Heinekins and bottle of wine you left in my cooler a few years ago. Whatever you're going through, my best to you, I'm hoping you'll recover in time for the summer shows. Also, I was looking forward to meeting the Swamps, but, according to Clams, it might be best for me that they are not in attendance, I have a hard time saying no to shots, and I don't remember the lyrics to the Piano Has Been Drinking . Otherwise, I'm pumped, to meet some new folks and see some old friends. Now if you'll excuse, I have to figure out my wardrobe for the weekend, see you in a few days.

We're sad about those people too, not the same without my homeboy Bean and the inimitable Swamps but there sure are lots of good folks down here. It's going to be a time and the people will be happy. If someone shares a little of the 'ol wacky tobaccy with me I will be ecstatic but I digress. Looking forward to meeting you GG.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

We're coming from the land of pot, TC. We've got you covered.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Gang Green wrote:Yes, my first Homecoming, and tragedy, Beantownbubba, the truest or true New Yorkers on 3DD (don't believe that Boston stuff) won't be there, I'll feel kind of alone. Thank god I've already met Beantown and his lovely wife and, again, I thank you for those Heinekins and bottle of wine you left in my cooler a few years ago. Whatever you're going through, my best to you, I'm hoping you'll recover in time for the summer shows. Also, I was looking forward to meeting the Swamps, but, according to Clams, it might be best for me that they are not in attendance, I have a hard time saying no to shots, and I don't remember the lyrics to the Piano Has Been Drinking . Otherwise, I'm pumped, to meet some new folks and see some old friends. Now if you'll excuse, I have to figure out my wardrobe for the weekend, see you in a few days.

We're sad about those people too, not the same without my homeboy Bean and the inimitable Swamps but there sure are lots of good folks down here. It's going to be a time and the people will be happy. If someone shares a little of the 'ol wacky tobaccy with me I will be ecstatic but I digress. Looking forward to meeting you GG.

"If"??? Things can't have changed that much since i was last in athens.

Jim&Jewell

Post by Jim&Jewell »

Driving up Friday morning. Bags are packed with party favors. Is anyone streaming the show tomorrow night? Can't leave the farm/zoo for four days. Jewell still cannot make it, but told me I had better get my ass to Athens. Yes m'am! Wanted to bring my bird. The Daze is not pet friendly. Looking forward to meeting people.
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?