So whats everyones travel arrangements for the euro tour ?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

loopyhelsbells

Re: So whats everyones travel arrangements for the euro tour

Post by loopyhelsbells »

Hope you are feeling better SRV... think we will only be making it to the ST Paul's gig the following week..We just have to book the train between Amsterdam and Antwerp :)
It's Great To Be Alive........

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

I'm now OUT on the Euro tour.

Had a biking injury last fall which has failed to heal. Been spending $280/month on physical therapy. That was the money I had planned on spending for this trip.

Probably not a bad thing as I think I'd rather go to some final Allman Bros shows this year. I should be good to go come summertime with the injury.

Have fun everyone. I don't plan on missing the next Amsterdam show. Hopefully they do Brussels again too. Both are great biking cities and I pretty much live for riding bikes and listening to music.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Fatah Ruark wrote:I'm now OUT on the Euro tour.

Had a biking injury last fall which has failed to heal. Been spending $280/month on physical therapy. That was the money I had planned on spending for this trip.

Probably not a bad thing as I think I'd rather go to some final Allman Bros shows this year. I should be good to go come summertime with the injury.

Have fun everyone. I don't plan on missing the next Amsterdam show. Hopefully they do Brussels again too. Both are great biking cities and I pretty much live for riding bikes and listening to music.

Disappointed. Get better
Always go to the show

docs

Post by docs »

Blind Terry wrote:Never been one for message boards but I was checking out to see if anyone else was going to make the Euro trip from England - what a nice surprise to find this community of people willing to travel abroad for great music. So i joined the board!

Myself and my Dad are going to be making the trip to Amsterdam and Antwerp (we're from Brighton). Just booked our flights this morning with Easyjet and only got £100 for both of us! A steal.

In regards to travelling for shows, I find it definitely adds to the experience. In May we went to Texas to see Hayes Carll and the Turnpike Troubadours, caught shows from the Whiskey Sisters, Slaid Cleaves and Bob Schneider, too. Unfortunately, after travelling for 18 hours we were beat and missed James McMurtry's show at the Continental - hope to go out this year and see him this time. Sometimes you have to travel to see the bands you want to see, sometimes you want to just see new places. I found that people in the states have amazing gig etiquette; no pushing in, everyone was polite and super enthusiastic, a real level of respect for one another that definitely gets lost here (only sometimes, though). Anyway, looking forward to the shows and potentially meeting some DBT fans on the trip!
Cool a Turnpike Troubadour and Chris Knight fan ,ive not met any here in UK yet.Im at the Manchester show if anyones there,unfortunately cant stop around after gig as got to drive home as couldnt get the next day off work,also at the Jason Isbell show a couple of weeks later

hungoverdrawn

Post by hungoverdrawn »

Hi everyone

I'll be going to Glasgow, Manchester and London. Has anyone arranged a pre-show meet up drinks for 3DDers (even sometime 3DDers like me!)?

Robert
I got 350 heads on a 305 engine, I get 10 miles to the gallon, I ain't got no good intentions.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

hungoverdrawn wrote:Hi everyone

I'll be going to Glasgow, Manchester and London. Has anyone arranged a pre-show meet up drinks for 3DDers (even sometime 3DDers like me!)?

Robert

We have a Facebook page. See your PM
Always go to the show