6 yrs ago today. Amagansett, NY Worth a listen.

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jimmyc

6 yrs ago today. Amagansett, NY Worth a listen.

Post by jimmyc »

http://archive.org/details/dbt2007-07-18.mk41

Dirt Underneath. As good as it gets!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: 6 yrs ago today. Amagansett, NY Worth a listen.

Post by Jonicont »

Wow James. Can't believe that was 6 years ago. Show was taped by the infamous Focker. So many firsts for me. First time I'd met another DBT fan (sent Focker a pm on the old 9 bullets board and we ended up splitting a room), first multiple show run (they played a free rock show the next day at the fort in Battery Park (and later that night we went to Jason's first solo show at the mercury lounge) (and to top it all off, I had a blowout at 60mph going home at 2:00am), first time I videotaped (single cam, standard def-what's an editing program?). That's when I decided-fuck it--being a workaholic just ain't worth it--life's too fucking short. 6 months later, Focker was pouring liker down my throat in the Georgia bar at homecoming. The rest as they say

Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:Wow James. Can't believe that was 6 years ago. Show was taped by the infamous Focker. So many firsts for me. First time I'd met another DBT fan (sent Focker a pm on the old 9 bullets board and we ended up splitting a room), first multiple show run (they played a free rock show the next day at the fort in Battery Park (and later that night we went to Jason's first solo show at the mercury lounge) (and to top it all off, I had a blowout at 60mph going home at 2:00am), first time I videotaped (single cam, standard def-what's an editing program?). That's when I decided-fuck it--being a workaholic just ain't worth it--life's too fucking short. 6 months later, Focker was pouring liker down my throat in the Georgia bar at homecoming. The rest as they say

"The Ballad of Joni C". Has a nice ring to it. Patterson? Jimmyjack? Anyone?
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

Cool...I was at the show the next night at Castle Clinton. Guess that makes this Jonicont's second video:

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Jonicont wrote:Wow James. Can't believe that was 6 years ago. Show was taped by the infamous Focker. So many firsts for me. First time I'd met another DBT fan (sent Focker a pm on the old 9 bullets board and we ended up splitting a room), first multiple show run (they played a free rock show the next day at the fort in Battery Park (and later that night we went to Jason's first solo show at the mercury lounge) (and to top it all off, I had a blowout at 60mph going home at 2:00am), first time I videotaped (single cam, standard def-what's an editing program?). That's when I decided-fuck it--being a workaholic just ain't worth it--life's too fucking short. 6 months later, Focker was pouring liker down my throat in the Georgia bar at homecoming. The rest as they say

Cool story.

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

I did the Battery Park and Mercury Lounge double header too.

RMD

Post by RMD »

I was also at this show with my brother. Great night. One of my top DBT shows, venue was smaller than most living rooms. Cooley agreed when I spoke to him out front before the show.

nutfat

Post by nutfat »

great run..started at the world cafe in philly>stephen talk house> free electric show battery park> isbell the same night..tried giving cooley a bottle of jack after the stephen talkhouse show,,,he declined...shonna took us up on it..talked with us after the free show and she thanked us for the bottle...they ran outta booze and we saved the day...great times

boonedavis1

Post by boonedavis1 »

I caught them in Greenboro a few days later on their trek back south on that run. Patterson mentioned it was a late addition as they had never played Greensboro. It was in the parking lot at the Old Town Draught House, behind Yum Yums. Short show due to some sound issues but I got this clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxqwpZag5c8&sns=em