St Louis 5/24/13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

UncleFrank23

St Louis 5/24/13

Post by UncleFrank23 »

YES!!!!
Somewhere between anguish and acceptance.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: St Louis 5/24/13

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

UncleFrank23 wrote:YES!!!!

:D

Awesome Ben! Enjoy. I love The Pageant, but doubtful we can attend this one.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Gonna wait to see if a Chicago or Milwaukee show around that time shakes out. If not, a Friday coupled with Memorial Day weekend sounds awesome!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Cubfan06 wrote:Gonna wait to see if a Chicago or Milwaukee show around that time shakes out. If not, a Friday coupled with Memorial Day weekend sounds awesome!

What he said.

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

I love The Pageant too. Not sure how accessible it is, since I'll likely be in a chair by then (and I've never paid attention before) but I'm sure it will work out. Halfway considering KC the next night too.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

UncleFrank23 wrote:I love The Pageant too. Not sure how accessible it is, since I'll likely be in a chair by then (and I've never paid attention before) but I'm sure it will work out. Halfway considering KC the next night too.

Timing is everything. My son who works in KC will be w/ us on vacation while DBT is in KC. And his boss, who's also a big fan, will also be away that wkend. GGGRRRRRR.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

UncleFrank23 wrote:I love The Pageant too. Not sure how accessible it is, since I'll likely be in a chair by then (and I've never paid attention before) but I'm sure it will work out. Halfway considering KC the next night too.

I have to admit, I've been eyeing that KC date all day...
Not likely, but still, dare to dream right?
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

GW in IA wrote:

I have to admit, I've been eyeing that KC date all day...
Not likely, but still, dare to dream right?

It's about a 5 1/2 hour drive from my place to Kansas City. But will already be an hour and a half closer in St. Louis. Given that it's a three day weekend we are really considering it.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Both St. Louis and K.C. are about the same distance from me.I think I'm only going to be able to make one show.Question is,which one? K.C. venue looks pretty cool. Any opinions? I'll hang up and listen.
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

KC,MO on 5/25????
Just so happens that the Soonerette's travel softball team is playing in a big Memorial Day Showcase up there that weekend.
Looks like my Saturday late night is booked.
Go Bandits!

wineisgood

Post by wineisgood »

I think I'm opting for KC over St. Louis. Love the Pageant, but Crossroads is an outdoor venue with lots of hotels in walking distance. Never seen DBT outdoors, or in KC.

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

Tickets purchased. Hotel reservations made. Sitter secured. May have a big crew of first-timers who want to see what my obsession is all about.

KC still up in the air. The web pictures of Crossroads don't make it look real conducive to sitting in a wheelchair. Not ready to rule it out yet, though.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

I'm in for KC.Can't wait. :D
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

KC venue is great. Love the Pageant but may in KC should be great weather and again the venue is great. At the entrance to Crossroads is a restaurant called Grinders, great food and beer selection. Should be a good night, been two years since the boys hit KC.

Started a KC thread.....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5091

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

UncleFrank23 wrote:Tickets purchased. Hotel reservations made. Sitter secured. May have a big crew of first-timers who want to see what my obsession is all about.

KC still up in the air. The web pictures of Crossroads don't make it look real conducive to sitting in a wheelchair. Not ready to rule it out yet, though.

You definitely could hang in a wheelchair. Lots of room on the side and in the back there is even a patio. Really you would be comfortable there.

hoosierdaddylv

Post by hoosierdaddylv »

Flying in from Las Vegas for this amazing event...my 2 fave bands together....going to Indy 500 with friends from home on Sunday....Perfect Fucking Weekend!!!
Success on someone else's terms don't mean a fucking thing

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

I haven't seen DBT since 2010. Missed the last show because of coaching responsibilities. I'll have three work friends and my neighbor, who I've successfully turned into DBT fans going.

If you all are looking for something to eat and drink before the rock show, there is a fantastic pizza place across the street called Pi Pizza. The deep dish has a cornbread type crust and the cheese is in the middle of all the fixins. When President Obama swung through St. Louis in the 2008 campaign he ate there and Pi later came to the White House to cook for the President. They always have a nice craft brew selection as well.

Can't wait!
http://www.restaurantpi.com/

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

dee dee wrote:I haven't seen DBT since 2010. Missed the last show because of coaching responsibilities. I'll have three work friends and my neighbor, who I've successfully turned into DBT fans going.

If you all are looking for something to eat and drink before the rock show, there is a fantastic pizza place across the street called Pi Pizza. The deep dish has a cornbread type crust and the cheese is in the middle of all the fixins. When President Obama swung through St. Louis in the 2008 campaign he ate there and Pi later came to the White House to cook for the President. They always have a nice craft brew selection as well.

Can't wait!
http://www.restaurantpi.com/

Pi is fantastic. I ate there last night.

Also I've been traveling for business which is why I was in St. Louis last night and I stayed right next to the Pageant at the Moonrise Hotel. Very nice place, a bit pricey (I got as a express deal from Priceline) but I think if you prepay for the room it's not that bad and it's literally next door. Restaurant/Bar is nice and the food is good. Plus the pizza is across the street. :D I regret we won't make it this year but Pageant shows are always good ones.

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

You can actually order take out from Pi and bring it into the venue. Moonrise is a great hotel as well, awesome rooftop bar for after party. Last time DBT played in StL it was the night the Cards won the series. They were playing highlights on the bar tv until Coey told them to turn that shit off!

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

I am in plus one for this show...spending this weekend in MO...two night run for me and only a 5 1/2 drive...can't wait!!!
Put that drinking jacket on and enjoy a little fun...

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I am in for the STL show. I have a nice 5 day weekend, girlfriend is working.......DBT and St. Louis for me. Those two just happen to be two of my favorite tings.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Anyone in the STL area have a recommendation for a hotel around the Pageant ? I tried the Moonrise, but I believe they are booked up.

Roy

Post by Roy »

jr29 wrote:Anyone in the STL area have a recommendation for a hotel around the Pageant ? I tried the Moonrise, but I believe they are booked up.

I know some folks who have stayed here and said it was pretty decent. It's about 1.5 miles from The Pageant.

http://www.cheshirestl.com/

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Roy wrote:
jr29 wrote:Anyone in the STL area have a recommendation for a hotel around the Pageant ? I tried the Moonrise, but I believe they are booked up.

I know some folks who have stayed here and said it was pretty decent. It's about 1.5 miles from The Pageant.

http://www.cheshirestl.com/

I had a really bad experience there but I'm told it's under new ownership so hopefully it's better. I've stayed at the Springhill Suites/Clayton before and it's really nice. The other thing is if you do a name your own with Priceline and keep the star rating high you'll probably get into one of the business district hotels at a great rate, but of course that's a crapshoot.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Thanks for the help guys. I will look into these.

El Rey de San Antone

Post by El Rey de San Antone »

ANYONE GOT A SET LIST?

DADDY'S CUP????

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

El Rey de San Antone wrote:ANYONE GOT A SET LIST?

DADDY'S CUP????

Could you try to keep it down? I was up kinda late last night.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

From the Facebook group - unverified just passing it along

1. Puttin People On Moon
2. Women w/o Whisky
3. Lookout Mountain
4. When the Pin Hits She'll
5. Tornados
6. Gohst to Most
7. Don't be In Love Around Me
8. Panties in Purse
9. Margo & Harold
10. Marry Me
11. Sinkhole
12. Devil
13. Why Henry Drinks
14. 3 Dimes Down
15. Used to be a Cop
16. Gravity's Gone
17. Hell No I Ain't Happy
18: E: Birthday Boy
19, Girls Who Smoke
20: Zip City
21: Buttholeville

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Tyler wrote:From the Facebook group - unverified just passing it along

1. Puttin People On Moon
2. Women w/o Whisky
3. Lookout Mountain
4. When the Pin Hits She'll
5. Tornados
6. Gohst to Most
7. Don't be In Love Around Me
8. Panties in Purse
9. Margo & Harold
10. Marry Me
11. Sinkhole
12. Devil
13. Why Henry Drinks
14. 3 Dimes Down
15. Used to be a Cop
16. Gravity's Gone
17. Hell No I Ain't Happy
18: E: Birthday Boy
19, Girls Who Smoke
20: Zip City
21: Buttholeville

looks pretty complete, great show, great venue, loved seeing Jay out front nailing those guitar parts...love the set up of this venue, allows for multiple views; enjoyed my day in STL, tasted the pizza mentioned above and vintage vinyl (HUGE!) and walked around some parks and found the beautiful Scientology church on Delmar, was tempted to go have my e-meter readings known to me..
Last edited by Penny Lane on Sun May 26, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

TDB

Post by TDB »

Panties in Your Purse???
Can't complain about that.