Richmond, VA: The National 10/26 and 10/27

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LBRod

Re: Richmond, VA: The National 10/26 and 10/27

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

BigTom wrote:
mark lynn wrote:This should be dope. Hope to see some of y'all there after the rock.I'm in.

Can you imagine what shape the crowd is going to be in after drinking for four hours at the DBT show? Should be worth it alone just for the people watchin.

Big Tom can drink some beer.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Pardon the ignorance.. I've looked at this poster like 10 times and have no idea what the deal is. What's the band and where are they playing? Is it even a band?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gaetzi wrote:Pardon the ignorance.. I've looked at this poster like 10 times and have no idea what the deal is. What's the band and where are they playing? Is it even a band?

Nope. Jay Leavitt spinning wax. Dude is terrific. If you're at the DBT show there check it out as it's bound to be fun.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Interesting! My girlfriend and I will be in attendence for these shows. We're flying in that morning so we may be gassed by the end of the Truckers show but if not this sounds real cool. Unless you're in the know that poster isn't too helpful! Where is this post show happening? Cous Cous?

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

Gaetzi wrote:Interesting! My girlfriend and I will be in attendence for these shows. We're flying in that morning so we may be gassed by the end of the Truckers show but if not this sounds real cool. Unless you're in the know that poster isn't too helpful! Where is this post show happening? Cous Cous?

here maybe?
http://www.couscous900.com/

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Definitely a cab ride...it's over a mile away from the National.

Kinda have to wonder if it isn't ending too early too...wouldn't surprise me if the DBT set runs till at least 12:30...then by the time you catch a cab over there...

Still, sounds fun.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

After show will be going strong 'till 2AM. I wound up at Cous Cous after the Friday night show last time DBT played The National which is a very weir coincidence. Gonna be a fun thing to do after the show.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

The Cous Cous poster says guaranteed sell-out. If we don't make it until after the show, will we get shut out? Can you get tix in advance?
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

NYC--> Richmond via Amtrak then Bolt Bus. (total $64 NOT BAD)

as for the after-party---1 mile from The National to this place---that's walkable!

and i bet one of these two shows up ..! Probly not the ornery one..

In my blood, there's gasoline..

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Penny, not trying to be reactionary but I wouldn't make that walk unless I was with a group of people.

Just so I don't get flamed, I live in the City of Richmond and can see a trafic light from my living room. I am no pussy suburbanite. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Slipkid42 wrote:The Cous Cous poster says guaranteed sell-out. If we don't make it until after the show, will we get shut out? Can you get tix in advance?

I think that "guaranteed sell-out" was for the purposes of the poster only. I would be shocked if anyone gets shut out :D

JAYFROMBAMA

Post by JAYFROMBAMA »

There seems to be some confusion about the "After Party". Hopefully I can help. Here's the deal. Cous Cous is a restaurant/club basically in the heart of the VCU campus. It is walkable from The National, but I'd catch a ride or a cab. I'm all about walking, but it would be a loooong walk and there have been some crime issues in that area as of late. The party has to end at 2:00. The "guaranteed sell out" was tongue in cheek hyperbole from the guy who did the poster. It is free and open to everyone. I probably won't even start until at least midnight. Hell, I don't want to miss any of the Rawk Show! I'll be playing nothing but soul records recorded In Muscle Shoals. A vast majority of the songs will have Patterson's Dad, David Hood playing bass. I have no idea whether anyone in the band will be there. Hopefully this answers most of y'alls questions. If you have others, lay em on me. I hope to see you there!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Thanks for the clarification, Jay! Sounds like a killer way to wind down the evening.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Rocky wrote:Penny, not trying to be reactionary but I wouldn't make that walk unless I was with a group of people.

Just so I don't get flamed, I live in the City of Richmond and can see a trafic light from my living room. I am no pussy suburbanite. :mrgreen:

PL will be with BC, BigLou, Granny Panties, Bobman, Lynne and many others. Trust me when I saw our little one will be will taken care of after hours.

PL-on a side note I will teach you to shake your money maker!!!! Trust me and for reference you can ask BTB, for an old broad I can still get funky :lol: :lol:
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Pretty sure my fiance and I are in. Need to wait a few hours to be sure we can go before booking a room and getting tickets. Hopefully it won't sell out between now and later this morning. We couldn't get to Athens or Asheville so I'm really looking forward to this. Wish we could do both nights, but I'm a high school football coach and I can't miss a game lol. Our first show since Carrborro back in the spring....seems like forever!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

weather is lookin' good for the weekend
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/ ... A0652:1:US

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

For those in for the duration (I'm in), any plans for Saturday day? As mentioned, weather looks great.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Paintball?

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I'm probably just gonna try to find a decent sports bar to watch the ECU-Houston game (noon kickoff)

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

ramonz wrote:For those in for the duration (I'm in), any plans for Saturday day? As mentioned, weather looks great.

Hey Ramonz! Nothing's set in stone, but if history's any guide we'll surely be making a run over to Deep Groove to buy some vinyl. Also we'll be visiting Buz and Ned's for some of this:

Let me know if you feel like joining in.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Shouldn't this countdown clock be switched to hours now?
Now it's dark.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Buz and Ned's is the place to hit for BBQ? that's defintiely on our agenda this wkend.

And in true CO fashion, it's going to be almost 80 degrees today and they're talking about snow on Thur night/Friday morning! We fly out at 8:30 Friday am, don't think light snow should impact travel (fingers crossed)

DeadDrunk&Naked

Post by DeadDrunk&Naked »

Gotta 6 pack of Ohians making the trip down...First time in Richmond..trying to count them up but I'm thinking this will mark 29th and 30th rock shows. It's been a wild run, with no end in sight.
my shits fucked up

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

JAYFROMBAMA wrote:There seems to be some confusion about the "After Party". Hopefully I can help. Here's the deal. Cous Cous is a restaurant/club basically in the heart of the VCU campus. It is walkable from The National, but I'd catch a ride or a cab. I'm all about walking, but it would be a loooong walk and there have been some crime issues in that area as of late. The party has to end at 2:00. The "guaranteed sell out" was tongue in cheek hyperbole from the guy who did the poster. It is free and open to everyone. I probably won't even start until at least midnight. Hell, I don't want to miss any of the Rawk Show! I'll be playing nothing but soul records recorded In Muscle Shoals. A vast majority of the songs will have Patterson's Dad, David Hood playing bass. I have no idea whether anyone in the band will be there. Hopefully this answers most of y'alls questions. If you have others, lay em on me. I hope to see you there!

Thanks, Jay! Very helpful. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood