dbt track # 77 - When the Well Runs Dry

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: dbt track # 77 - When the Well Runs Dry

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Mr. B wrote:In this clip, Jason introduces the song as being about "sabotage". Not sure how that impacts the theory of whether its meant to be his swan song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXYsLUEJ8r0.

I missed the first Tres Tangled Truckers show so I made it a point to attend the second one. It's probably because of hearing those songs for the first time that night but I'm also a fan of "Daylight".

Sub

Post by Sub »

When The Well Runs Dry is a good song but would rank fairly low on my favorite Isbell songs list. Since we are talking The Fine Print Isbell, I'll say I much prefer TVA.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

jimmyjack: I apologize for the way I presented my argument and my personal attack on you. We will have to agree to disagree on WTWRD.

However, referring to anyone who disagrees with you as a troll/lurker is wrong in my book as well. I don't expect an apology; just trying to state my case. How many posts does it take to be considered an actual board member?

Someone posted on the board recently that they don't care what any of you think of songs, and I think I should adopt that standard.

I will read the DBT board for news, and post on the "College Football" board where I feel more welcome.

Relocated Okie
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

i don't mind this tune.

It was also available on the ABAAC bonus disc.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Speaking of what the lyrics really are or aren't, I always heard the line as "So I put her in the mill" rather than "in the mirror".
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

sactochris wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:
sactochris wrote:

I prefer Daylight to this one.

me too...i like both, though...just like Jason's voice in Daylight (see argument in Daylight thread)

Those high notes he manages to hit just slay me every time.

Those really, really out of tune high notes

And preferring Daylight to When the Well Runs Dry is madness, I say, madness!
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

I've liked this song since the 70s, even before Dylan ripped off the chorus for that monkey song. Always reminded me of witchy woman or devil woman or one of those other minor key evil women songs.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

I think all 3 songs blow. (When The Well Runs Dry, Easy On Yourself, Daylight) I have said it before and i will say it again--A Blessing and A Curse was a Dress Blues away from greatness.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

This is one that stays in my head for days. I need to learn to play it and remember all the words. Again.
Not forever, just for now.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

'Scratch wrote:This is one that stays in my head for days. I need to learn to play it and remember all the words. Again.

So you're saying that except for the chords and lyrics, this one really sticks in your head?
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

When I was a kid I was left alone, raised by dogs and played with gunpowder. Lot of stuff sticks, but mostly in fragments.
Not forever, just for now.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Despite the CLEAR "Tweeter"rip (if you had that Wilburys album, you know the deal), I am a fan of WTWRD. Should have been on Blessing, but I understand why it wasn't.

joshN

Post by joshN »

top 5 jason song for me, definitely my favorite of the BAAC songs, saw him play it a couple of times since he split, but lately it's all standard fare at his shows

njMark

Post by njMark »

my favorite song on The Fine Print, and I don't mind being called a troll since I might be living under a bridge or highway overpass soon. It reminds me of how I feel right now although I am notorious for reading things into songs that arent there. My well is running dry. sorry to get all heavy on ya

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Hang in there bro

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

njMark wrote:my favorite song on The Fine Print, and I don't mind being called a troll since I might be living under a bridge or highway overpass soon. It reminds me of how I feel right now although I am notorious for reading things into songs that arent there. My well is running dry. sorry to get all heavy on ya

Good luck Mark. Hang in there thru these tough times!!
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

He's said he wrote this after being inspired by a fellw (female) songwriter, about "the self sabotage" that songwriter's often subject themselves to in order for inspiration.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.