Winston-Salem NC 11-13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Winston-Salem NC 11-13

Post by beantownbubba »

weeny wrote: Left early because some guy reached around and grabbed my wife's breasts during Company I Keep.

:shock: :x :shock: :x Fucking fucker. I'm sure your wife (and you) were really upset, but in my perfect world, the douchebag gets thrown out and you stay. Of course, in my perfect world there are no douchebags pulling shit like that in the first place. GGGGGGRRRRRRRR.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

roland

Post by roland »

inman_trucker wrote:
weeny wrote:It was a great show. I like the venue better than where I saw em in 03 or 04 down there. They sounded as good as as I've ever heard. Left early because some guy reached around and grabbed my wife's breasts during Company I Keep. As much as I hate to say, but it will probably be the last time I go see them live. It's a shame that .0001% of a fan base can ruin your evening.

wow! seemed like a pretty good crowd around me, minimum douchebaggerry. it is truly a shame that one person can have such an adverse effect on your good times..

Yeah, I actually thought it was a pretty laid back crowd for a Rock Show. Sorry that happened to your wife. The only douche I saw was a dude that tried to go behind the bar and was immediately dragged outside.

lynne

Post by lynne »

weeny wrote:It was a great show. I like the venue better than where I saw em in 03 or 04 down there. They sounded as good as as I've ever heard. Left early because some guy reached around and grabbed my wife's breasts during Company I Keep. As much as I hate to say, but it will probably be the last time I go see them live. It's a shame that .0001% of a fan base can ruin your evening.

Sorry that someone was such an azzhat to your wife but dont give up on seeing DBT live. Idiots and f ups exist everywhere. He should be glad it wasnt me that he grabbed. I have no one to "protect" me and thus have honed by verbal skills and well placed knee :D He would think twice before trying that crap on anyone again.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

weeny wrote: Left early because some guy reached around and grabbed my wife's breasts during Company I Keep. As much as I hate to say, but it will probably be the last time I go see them live. It's a shame that .0001% of a fan base can ruin your evening.

damn, that's f'ed up man! :evil: i thought the crowd was pretty laid back & cool too, but all it takes is one ass to mess up a whole show for someone....i got a lil pissed off at someone on the balcony but moved downstairs halfway thru & got back to enjoying the show but yr situation would've been really tough to get back into a good mood after. sorry that happened to y'all.
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

Thanks guys and gals.

Just was so surreal to see. The dude was standing behind her and she lifted her arms up during the chorus and dude just reached around her. Both hands! I was like wtf, dude? You can't do that. And grabbed his hands off her. He was piss drunk. Shocking thing is that he was an older guy (probably closer to my age, 34, if not older).

Sadly, neither of us could quite get over it in time to clear are heads to finish the show. I probably would've ended up in jail had we stayed, or maybe worse, the hospital. :o

So maybe it's a disguised blessing. Who knows?

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Thanks for the recording, the quality is great!

This was mine and my girlfriends first DBT show though we've seen Jason 4 times and I've listening to numerous live recordings. Wow, I was just blown away. I couldn't believe the energy coming off the stage and the sound mix was incredible even near the stage where we were. We were both impressed with the venue, she's a Winston native and had been to the old Ziggy's. All in all a fantastic night!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:Thanks for the recording, the quality is great!

This was mine and my girlfriends first DBT show though we've seen Jason 4 times and I've listening to numerous live recordings. Wow, I was just blown away. I couldn't believe the energy coming off the stage and the sound mix was incredible even near the stage where we were. We were both impressed with the venue, she's a Winston native and had been to the old Ziggy's. All in all a fantastic night!

Were you the guy front row center with the peeps from WV?
Now it's dark.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

No we were in the 2nd row slightly to Patterson's right. I was wearing a Johnny Cash shirt.

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:No we were in the 2nd row slightly to Patterson's right. I was wearing a Johnny Cash shirt.

The one with this picture? If so, I was the tall guy in black with the long hair a few peeps to your right.

Now it's dark.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Yep that's the shirt.

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

I think if I had a wife whose tits were grabbed, I'd just take it as flattery and move on -- assuming it was just a one time deal. It's definitely a bold move, but I feel that's one of those things that can kinda be laughed off. The crowd at every DBT show now is full of a bunch of shitheads, but I guess that's just the way it goes. For a while I was behind this complete fucktard (with a hand grenade tattooed on the back of his neck, no less) who reeked of B.O. and wanted to carry on a conversation, and then I ended up beside your garden variety drunk underage frat boy who couldn't stop holding his Busch Light over his head and falling into people around him while his stupid little girlfriend kept trying to make out with him.

That said, this crowd was still better than what I typically encounter -- at least the angry drunks didn't really seem to make it out. It was definitely more subdued, being a Sunday night show. I couldn't find a good spot where I wouldn't have people on all four sides of me, so I just put in my acoustic earplugs (which do a pretty nice job of blocking out a good bit of the crowd conversation) and enjoyed the music. In the future, at least try to have security remove someone before you leave a show over their behavior. Hopefully you won't give up DBT completely. I'd suggest you scope out a spot further towards the back of the crowd or up on the balcony next time, and give that a shot.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Now up for streaming while you're supposed to be working. :mrgreen:
http://www.archive.org/details/dbt2011- ... k40.flac16

Thanks again Gordon / Team Dirty South.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

mikemayhem

Post by mikemayhem »

09Gamecock wrote:For a while I was behind this complete fucktard (with a hand grenade tattooed on the back of his neck, no less) who reeked of B.O. and wanted to carry on a conversation, and then I ended up beside your garden variety drunk underage frat boy who couldn't stop holding his Busch Light over his head and falling into people around him while his stupid little girlfriend kept trying to make out with him.

you must have been right near me. I recall the hand grenade tattoo very clearly. Overall I thought it was a great night and hearing a few rare cuts live made the early Monday work day worth it.

First Post