THE BOSTON THREAD

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

WSPDBT

THE BOSTON THREAD

Post by WSPDBT »

How many of y'all are making this show? I know I am, it will be cold but I'm excited!
The Dude Abides

Penny Lane

Re: Finally DBT comes back to Boston

Post by Penny Lane »

We met at Jason Isbell, I shall be attending this fine show ma dear! *think that was you
In my blood, there's gasoline..

WSPDBT

Post by WSPDBT »

Penny Lane wrote:We met at Jason Isbell, I shall be attending this fine show ma dear! *think that was you

Yes we most certainly did meet there! I look forward to seeing you at the Rock Show, I owe you a drink!
The Dude Abides

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

WSPDBT wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:We met at Jason Isbell, I shall be attending this fine show ma dear! *think that was you

Yes we most certainly did meet there! I look forward to seeing you at the Rock Show, I owe you a drink!

well now i'll be there for sure...
(PS--i remember you getting your vinyl signed) :D
Lots of 3DDers will be at this show, heard this venue is horrible, you need to find a good pre-game spot.

WSPDBT

Post by WSPDBT »

The venus isn't horribly awful, but if you don't get there early it won't be able to see lol. Boston Beer Works is really close by and I think the best spot for pre gaming. This is gonna be awesome!
The Dude Abides

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

It's good to be back in Boston -- yeahyaah
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

WSPDBT

Post by WSPDBT »

Bovine, I love your picture.....FEAR THE BEARD
The Dude Abides

beergut

Post by beergut »

w/ J. fucking Mascis!!

Wow!
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

DBT last played Boston in April of last year. If you love having them play in your home town, I guess that is a long time.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

tinnitus photography

Re: THE BOSTON THREAD

Post by tinnitus photography »

i should be here.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

See you there!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

WSPDBT

Post by WSPDBT »

I can't wait to see all y'all there. Do y'all want to meet up to pre game?
The Dude Abides

bold99

Post by bold99 »

This venue is horrible. I almost didn't go to this show because of my experience at the last DBT show there but I'm going (with a little nudge by J. Mascis opening!). I'm honestly thinking of just going upstairs and checking the show out from there...the only place people are not knocking into you, stepping on you, starting fights..etc.

I really wish they were playing Royale...much better venue IMO.

I'll be going with some peop though....probably pre game someone closer to where I live in the Cambridge area and then head in.

Great week of music in Boston....Trampled By Turtles/Johnny Corndawg at the Paradise on Wed, DBT/J. Mascis on Thurs and then Deer Tick/Felice Brothers on Friday!

dfw2010

Post by dfw2010 »

I'll be there and I'm getting there early. For their last show I was having dinner next door with wife and another couple and by the time I made it over, Lucero was 1/2 way through thier set. The place was packed and and we were stuck pretty far back. Needless to say, I'll be leaving the wife at home and camping out in Cooleyville. What I'd give for another show at the Paradise!

bold99

Post by bold99 »

dfw2010 wrote:I'll be there and I'm getting there early. For their last show I was having dinner next door with wife and another couple and by the time I made it over, Lucero was 1/2 way through thier set. The place was packed and and we were stuck pretty far back. Needless to say, I'll be leaving the wife at home and camping out in Cooleyville. What I'd give for another show at the Paradise!

Paradise is the best venue.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

bold99 wrote:
dfw2010 wrote:I'll be there and I'm getting there early. For their last show I was having dinner next door with wife and another couple and by the time I made it over, Lucero was 1/2 way through thier set. The place was packed and and we were stuck pretty far back. Needless to say, I'll be leaving the wife at home and camping out in Cooleyville. What I'd give for another show at the Paradise!

I guess that's why they call it Paradise. :shock: :)

Oh, and if it needs to be said, most definitely in!! :D
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

tinnitus photography

bold99 wrote:

not when it's sold out, in the new configuration...

bold99

Post by bold99 »

tinnitus photography wrote:
bold99 wrote:

not when it's sold out, in the new configuration...

Still better than the HOB.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Fuck the House of Blues - Ian Felice
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

in
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

We have friends who have never seen DBT who live in Boston. They were going to buy tix for the show but the seated area is sold out. (Yay DBT for having sold out that part of HOB already) My friend needs a seat as she'll be 6 months pregnant at the time of the show and won't be able to stand for that long, so if any of you happen to have 1 of those tix and it turns out you won't be needing it after all, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

tinnitus photography

CooleyGirl wrote:We have friends who have never seen DBT who live in Boston. They were going to buy tix for the show but the seated area is sold out. (Yay DBT for having sold out that part of HOB already) My friend needs a seat as she'll be 6 months pregnant at the time of the show and won't be able to stand for that long, so if any of you happen to have 1 of those tix and it turns out you won't be needing it after all, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

the entire 3rd floor is sold out? those seats in the back go back quite a ways, and i've never seen them filled.

btw, my wife went to sold-out, back-to-back Guided By Voices shows at the Middle East when she was 8 months pregnant. 8-)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

CooleyGirl wrote:We have friends who have never seen DBT who live in Boston. They were going to buy tix for the show but the seated area is sold out. (Yay DBT for having sold out that part of HOB already) My friend needs a seat as she'll be 6 months pregnant at the time of the show and won't be able to stand for that long, so if any of you happen to have 1 of those tix and it turns out you won't be needing it after all, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

She should have no trouble getting a handicapped seat. Just call in advance and reserve it.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll see what I can find out.

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

I'm in.

Going to be a good week.

DBT on Thursday.
Deer Tick & Felice Bros. on Friday
DBT in Philly (followed by a nice greasy cheeseteak) on Saturday.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

BostonREB wrote:DBT on Thursday.
Deer Tick & Felice Bros. on Friday
DBT in Philly (followed by a nice greasy cheeseteak) on Saturday.

Are you stalking me!?
Indeed, we have the same week! Actually pretty stoked for that DT/FB show.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

FYI, Live Nation is sponsoring a sweepstakes for 2 free tix to the Boston DBT show at the House of Blues, plus "$50 in subway fare," lol. I think you have to go to Live Nation's fb page, or maybe it's the HOB page.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Unfortunately, J Mascis will no longer be able to open the Boston House of Blues show. He will be replaced by Titus Andronicus, a great rock band from the state of New Jersey. We are really looking forward to playing with them.

All right by me. I've seen Titus a few times and they're pretty much excellent live.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Titus Andronicus is a way better fit, imo.

J Mascis is amazing, and I highly rec everyone to see him or Dino Jr., or Witch--but I don't think for DBT it works. Being Boston, it was pretty cool though. Titus is gonna melt faces and then into DBT--wow.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

uncle rickey wrote:
Unfortunately, J Mascis will no longer be able to open the Boston House of Blues show. He will be replaced by Titus Andronicus, a great rock band from the state of New Jersey. We are really looking forward to playing with them.

All right by me. I've seen Titus a few times and they're pretty much excellent live.

I'm kinda glad, too. Although I know some people who are crushed..
I've never seen TA so this will be cool.